Medical Waste Solutions
What is medical waste?
- A needle, syringe with a needle, surgical instrument or other article that has a sharp edge/point capable of inflicting injury.
- Soiled or blood soaked bandages
- Culture dishes and other glassware
- Discarded surgical gloves – after surgery
- Discarded surgical instruments – scalpels
- Needles – used to give shots or draw blood
- Cultures, stocks and swabs used to inoculate cultures
Solo Resource Recovery can manage medical waste in a safe and environmentally responsible manner which is critical to reducing the potential for injury, spread of infection, chemical toxicity and pollution. The safe containment, transport and disposal is a legal requirement. The waste must be disposed of only at EPA approved sites.